Roof failure BMW 328 convertible

Hube

Oprichter Lexusforum
2 mei 2008
This is my wife's '07 BMW 328 Conv. It is less than 1 yr. old with apx. 5k mi. on the car. She finished picking up a few groceries and started putting the top down (as she's done many times) but heard a quick grind and then pop, this is the result. She called me nearly in tears, I drove up, couldn't believe my eyes. I called BMW assist, they started to tell me that the top could be raised manually, I said "you don't understand, this top is royally hosed, I want a tow truck" they said OK. Tow truck driver on the phone tried to tell me the same thing, I told him tell me that when you see it! When he got out of the truck he said he'd never seen a top like that before! Needless to say it was towed to the dealer. I guess I get to see what BMW tries to tell me she did wrong (she pulled the button with the wrong finger???)

Oh, and the windows won't go up or down from this position nor will the trunk open. I was able to drive the car from the section of the shopping center where the grocery store is (too much traffic with too many people stopping to look at it) to a section of the shopping center where the stores had little traffic that would impact loading the flatbed wrecker.

http://picasaweb.google.com/911cab/328_ ... 6591812258

gusmano

Hoort erbij
18 jul 2008
Oeps,
Zou het bij een geval blijven,of wordt het een terug roep actie 8O
Het is naar mijn weten het eerste cc top bij een 3serie ,dus zullen er nog wel wat kinderziektes in kunnen zitten.
Wel een super mooie cabrio :wink:

Gusmano 8)

Hube

Oprichter Lexusforum
2 mei 2008
Inderdaad een mooie cabrio :) Ik hoop voor BMW dat het geen terugroep actie wordt. Het lijkt mij in ieder geval wel minder als dit net jouw cabrio is!