Imported Lexus RX From US - Navigation Problem

RX330

Nieuw hier
12 mei 2009
Hi, just imported a 2005 RX330 from the USA last year and have had no success in getting the European navigation discs to work. All I can see is the europe maps but am unable to use the guidance. Anyone have similar issues?

Rgds

jj

Hube

Oprichter Lexusforum
2 mei 2008
Hi and welcome,

I read about this issue when I was considering importing my car from the US.

Indeed, the European navigation DVD's don't work in the US models and vice versa.

However, I remember reading about a workaround once, but this requires you to modify a DVD image by combining the US DVD with the European one.

You'll need the following:

1) European Lexus navigation DVD
2) US Lexus navigation DVD
3) Blank DVD-R DL disk
4) DVD-R DL writer
5) A DVD burning program like Nero (To create an image of the DVD and burn the new image)
6) Image editting software like Isobuster or winiso.

Steps:
1) Create an image of the US navigation DVD.
2) Explore the European navigation DVD and copy these files to your harddrive:
  • ALLDATA.KWI
    INDEXDAT.KWI
    and IDX catalogue
3) Open the image file that you created in step 1 with the image editting software.
4) Overwrite the files you copied in step 2 in the image file you opened in step 3.
5) save the file
6) burn image to disk

More info:
http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ ... opic=28034

If this doesn't work for you, maybe if you contact Jospeh or Shapa from that forum.

RX330

Nieuw hier
12 mei 2009
Hey thanks for the info. Actually this one i tested out much earlier when I moved here last year....it didn't really work. Using the original Europe DVD did let me get the maps up on screen. Only thing is the turn-by-turn directions are not available. But it is still good as I have it on driving all the time still.

I am looking for new ways to crack it...maybe one will come up soon. The locking must be hackable!!

In other news though, I just found out that I am moving again back to the US, so it looks like I will have to sell the RX before I leave. What a shame, but maybe I can get another one in the US!!!

Is there a place for me to list it in the forum? I have it on marktplaats and expatica.nl just recently.

Rgds

j

Hube

Oprichter Lexusforum
2 mei 2008
For now you can list it in this forum. When the ammount of listings become to great, I'll create another one, but I don't think that will happen anytime soon. The Lexus community is a small one in this small country.

Have a good trip back. I envy you somewhat :D Especially considering the car prices in the US :)

RX330

Nieuw hier
12 mei 2009
Hi Hube, Ah, yes, I am looking forward to car shopping again. Sad to leave the Lexus world for a while since I really can?t get used to the IS-F stacked tailpipes and auto transmission?but we will most likely get a similar RX for our mother, so at least we will have one in the family!

I have been pondering a 1 or 2 year old range rover sport supercharged or an audi rs4 ? I can only have one car and I?m quite torn between a manual sport sedan and a more convenient auto SUV?and hopefully when I come back to NL again, I?ll be sure to bring it here and do the same thing!!

Thanks for letting me post my car here?I will do it in a separate post.

jay

Hube

Oprichter Lexusforum
2 mei 2008
No problem. I am glad I could help.

A RS4 is a very nice car. Personally I don't like MT's, but that's mainly because of the type of driving I do.....like all good dutchies in the traffic jam!

Anyway, good luck, I hope you sell your RX soon.

RX330

Nieuw hier
12 mei 2009
Aha I have always had long commutes to work so I know what you mean about the traffic jams. I grew up on manual trannys and I love them...but I definitely don't mind an automatic also...If my garage had space and I could get 2 cars then definitely would have both auto and manual car. What I do miss in the US is the wagons...they never import RS avants to US (would be perfect to have 6MT RS4 avant - same luggage space as a SUV), and the M5 also doesn't come in wagon...although the previous generation IS - there are a few wagons available...and they almost look decent!!

j

Hube

Oprichter Lexusforum
2 mei 2008
Well, yes, A manual transmission is nice when you're driving fast on some mountainroads.

My colleage had a S6 . Very nice car. The Avant in general is the best looking stationwagon out there.

But man, that previous IS station, that is still a sight when it drives past. I still don't know if I should like it or not.