Intro : new Prius (trade-in for my IS 200)

Nieuw hier
20 jan 2009
Hi all,

Today has been a very exciting day for me - I traded my IS-200 (2004) in, for a Prius gen-3 (2010).

I had the Prius gen-2 leased in the past and loved it, the only 2 hang-ups were : not enough power, and some instability at high-speeds (don't believe the cautious Japanese speed limit of 170 Km/h, I made it to a clocked-speed of 185 Km/h...). I was immediately sold on the continuous acceleration gear-box (which gives it the feel of a speed-boat), spacious interior, comfy seats (especially when driving for 8-9 hours with only fuel breaks, and of course the pack of gadgets...

The gen-3 Prius is just perfect. For a while I was undecided between the CT and the Prius. Since the drive-train is similar in both, I went on to notice the CT was heavier, smaller and lower-seated (too low for someone of 1.6 m). Secondary priorities were : tech-gadgets, body-shape and... wheels.

While my IS-200 had served me well for several years and was a cool and smooth ride, the time came for something new, so after some agonizing months.....I finally chose for the Prius, which won me over at first drive, and today I brought my new love home ;)

I guess for the next few days I'll keep looking out of the window every 10 minutes, just to make sure it is still there.

Special thanks given to mr Wim van der Pluijm of Toyota Tilburg, who helped me out from start to finish :)

My new Prius is the latest in a series of cars, who each made me happy in its own way. Just LOVE this car.

Verkleinde Afbeelding
Verkleinde afbeelding. Klik om te vergroten.

Hube

Oprichter Lexusforum
2 mei 2008
I'll miss the IS200 :( However the new car is one that I am sure you'll have many nice kms with. Who knows, maybe it will show up with a new owner on this forum!

Enjoy! However, I am sure you will :)

And pearl white.... can't go wrong with that ;)

Nieuw hier
20 jan 2009
Thanks Arjan ;)

In The States it's also available in "sea glass" pearl (see below), which is unfortunately not available here. Anyway, I never considered a white car in the past, but when I saw Hube's IS-250 in pearl white I loved it.

Normally I would go for black - you can never see how dirty the car is until your fuel usage starts to increase from the access weight... LOL

Verkleinde Afbeelding
Verkleinde afbeelding. Klik om te vergroten.

Nieuw hier
20 jan 2009
Congrats :)

40 is a good age for any car (join the club - I'm also 40)

mlcoolj

Stamgast
17 feb 2010
Looks good! Conrats on the new ride! now you girlz have 2 white cars!

gtsz, Marvin.

Alan

Stamgast
14 jun 2009
Congratz!!!! :)

U made a good choice regarding the color :p

White is right
Grey is gay uhhhh oops :p

j2jedi

Stamgast
28 okt 2011
Nice car, have fun with it :D
Like the color, too...far better than the Sea Glass Pearl, IMO.

11 dec 2012
Nice car! I think pearl white is the best color for a Prius.
To be honest with you, I even think the Prius looks even better than your old IS! But... It isn't a Lexus! ;)